Welcome, Guest: Join TodayNewsReview / Login / Trending / Recent

Stats: 343 members, 4,718 Topics. Date: February 18, 2018, 8:47 pm

Entire Family Passes Away After Young Woman Makes A Simple Mistake In The Kitchen

TodayNewsReview / Entertainment / Food / Entire Family Passes Away After Young Woman Makes A Simple Mistake In The Kitchen 491 Views

(Go Down)
Potatoes are one of the most nutritionally complete foods you can eat. As in, you can literally survive off of potatoes because they have so many vitamins and minerals. In the movie ‘The Martian’ Matt Damon's character survives on Mars thanks to potatoes.

Like most things, there is a dark side to potatoes and you do need to be informed about it so you can be careful. One family learned this lesson the hard way. 8-year-old Maria Chelysheva in Russia became an orphan in 2014 because potatoes killed her entire family.

Her father went into their basement to get some potatoes and never came back up. Her mother followed soon after to see what was taking him so long and she never came back up either. Her brother and grandmother also soon followed.

0 Like

Before going down to check on where the rest of the family was, Maria’s grandmother called a neighbor for help. But before the neighbor made their way over, she went downstairs and suffered from the same fate as the rest of her family save for Maria.

Their death was caused by rotten potatoes they had in their basement. Potatoes contain glycoalkaloids which is a chemical compound that is found in the poisonous nightshade plants. Potatoes are naturally toxic because of this under the right circumstances. And it isn’t only eating them that can affect you, but also breathing in these chemicals.

When a potato starts to go bad and rot, the potatoes’ glycoalkaloids concentration goes up. This causes them to release a dangerous and toxic gas. When people are exposed to this gas, it is fatal.

When Maria’s family went down one by one they were exposed to the gas in high concentrations. Because their basement was closed off without any airflow, the air in the room was rife with it. Maria almost died as well but because her Mother had left the door open and it had been open for awhile at that point, she did not ingest a fatal amount like the rest of her family. This story is heartbreaking, but it can be used as a stark warning to be people about how dangerous a rotten potato can be.

www.providr.com/rotten-potatoes-2?utm_source=ProvidrInc&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=providr

0 Like

(Go Up)
Viewing this topic:
1 guest viewing this topic
TodayNewsReview is owned and managed by Jeremiah O. A.(TodayNewsReview) (Read TNR Rules) - Advertise With Us
- Copyright © 2018. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Every TodayNewsReview member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on TodayNewsReview .
For enquiries & feedbacks send email to: contact@todaynewsreview.com